Metal Base Dining Table | Cross
Metal Base Dining Table Legs for Round or Square Tabletops
Made to order and built to suit in custom dimensions and finishes, this unique metal table base is the flagship statement table design of the Invictus CROSS Collection.
This high end dining table base can be prepared to receive wood or stone tabletops, including granite, quartzite or marble as well as glass. Glass is sold separatly. See below for how our unique metal table bases are prepared to receive tabletops below.
For rectangular, oval or boat shaped tabletops, see our other Cross table listings.
Dimensions: 42x42 x29 1/2
The size of your base is determined by the dimensions of your tabletop. Contact Invictus Steelworks for help determining the size of the base your top requires based on the design you have selected.
This is not your ordinary spider table base. This is a statement dining table base, a luxury metal table base of substance and style. A unique and original design, we pride ourselves in the level of detail that goes into making this table, and we think you'll see the difference.
What sets an Invictus Cross Table Base apart from other Spider Style Table Bases?
While many call this style of table a Spider Table, we prefer to call it an Invictus Cross Table because the only similarities in style is the shape. Everything about this design is an Invictus Steelworks Made in America original design.
Made out of 4" square tubing set on an angle, the Cross Table is a techical design to build, but well worth the time spent when considering the level of detail that shines through in the final product.
- The Invictus Cross table shows off the center point where the steel table legs intersect, showing off how the all eight spider legs appear to crash through the center and out the other side, no matter which way you look at it.
- There is no cap at the center to detract from the lines or allow for anything less than a perfect alignment.
- The feet taper down the steel to form a trianglular tip instead of an abrupt squared off end.
- All welds on this luxury dining table base are completely blended in with the taper of the design, while many spider style tables leave raw welds on the ends of the feet, making them look unfinished.
Invictus Steelworks Cross tables are well made heirloom quality pieces of furniture of timeless design.
Handmade in custom dimensions. Made to order and built to suit.
Depending on the finish you choose, your tabletop and the decor of your room, this metal table base can be modern, modern industrial or industrial style and will complement virtually any decor.
Custom Finish Options
Not all finishes are shown. Ask us about other finish options, including additional powder coat options.
We offer a robust line of finishes, including fine architectural paints, polished steel, brushed steel, hand applied luxury patina finishes, an a long variety of powder coat options, including brass/gold, various shade of bronze, black, silver, and textured options.
Note about patinas: Hand applied patinas are marbled with varying patterns and colors. Each one is uniquely similar.
- Felt covered adjustable leveling feet
- Free preparation of base to receive your top with one of the following options:
- Fully integrated support apron for stone
- Pre-drilled mounting plates for wood tops
- Glass levelers for glass table tops
- Free LTL curb to curb shipping by freight carrier
- Free custom built pallet and packaging
Invictus Steelworks specializes in made to order high end furniture for the home or for commercial applications.
Handmade in the USA!
Metal Base Dining Table Finishes
Choose from a wide variety of custom finishes. Learn more about Invictus Steelworks finishes on our Finishes page. Not all finishes are shown.
Determining Dimensions | Scaling to Size
All of our work can be scaled for just about any application. Contact us for details if you would like to see if a particular design can be scaled for your application. All work shown on our website was once a custom order. Your order will be scaled to the size best suited to the dimensions of your tabletop and not necessarily reflect the dimensions in any listing.
Standard dining table height is 30", which is the total height of the base and the top when combined.
Please provide material and dimensions of the tabletop you intend to use in your order notes. We will contact you to confirm the base dimensions.
Example: Glass, 72x42x1/2” or 3 CM Stone, 96x48.
Your base will be prepared to receive your top at no additional cost as follows:
- Glass: Glass Levelers
- Wood: Pre-drilled mounting straps, 3/8” holes unless another size is requested.
- Stone, including granite, quartz, quartzite, marble, cement or other stone or stone-like top: a fully integrated support apron with support every 12-16”.
Returns | Refunds | Cancellations
All of our work is handmade to order to suit your specific needs. Therefore, all sales are final. We do not accept returns, exchanges or cancellations for any reason, including if your order is damaged in shipping or not delivered within our estimated time frame as lead time is an estimate only. See our FAQ’s for more information.
Lead Time | Rush Orders | Guaranteed Shipping Date
Our handmade functional art is unique and as such, is in high demand. Every order is made by hand by steel artist and certified welder, Robert Simmons. When you purchase a piece from Invictus Steelworks, you are purchasing a work of Art, not just a table or a desk. Our lead time varies and is typically but not always in the 10-16 week range.
- To ensure timely delivery for major holidays, try to place your order 3-4 months in advance. We are typically booked well in advance for orders required to arrive by a holiday, especially Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter.
- Powder coat finishes are outsourced and may add to lead time.
- Lead time is estimated to the best of our ability at the time of order. We do our best to ship within our estimated lead time window.
- Guaranteed ship dates must be pre-arranged and agreed to at time of order placement.
- Let us know if you have a specific need by date and we will let you know if we accommodate your requirements. Additional fees may apply for guaranteed shipping windows.
- Rush orders are any order with required delivery of under 8 weeks. A rush fee may apply, contact us for details.
Free Shipping on Shipments Under 7'
Free shipping is included for shipments measuring 7' or less. For shipments exceeding 7', upcharges may apply. Contact us for more information or a custom quote.
Included with Shipping:
- Basic LTL freight shipping with curb delivery
- Custom pallet and packaging
- Free lift gate and delivery appointment required shipping are required for residential shipping.
- If you are shipping to a commercial location that does not have a loading dock or forklift, or if your location has limited access, including limited hours for receiving deliveries or appointment requirements, additional shipping fees may apply. Contact us for a custom quote.
- Limited access locations include but are not limited to strip malls and stand alone retail locations, restaurants, religious facilities, medical facilities, construction sites, some offices, and any commercial location with limited receiving hours or appointment requirements.
White glove service is available by custom quote.
Inside delivery is not available with free shipping or with LTL Freight shipping. White glove service is required for inside delivery.
Freight insurance is available and recommended.